Windows 10 Blue Screen Error An IRQL reader error of 0x0000000A or less indicates that the installed equipment cannot communicate with a certain hardware. This can happen due to driver conflicts, incompatible device drivers, corrupt system files, etc. But, this isn’t very common. Whatever the reason, we present in this post most of the solutions that apply to fix the error stop code Driver_irql__not_less_or_equal on Windows 10.
If you are unable to connect to Windows because of this Windows 10 BSOD error, follow the instructions below in secure mode.
IRQL driver is not less than or equal to blue screen
If the error occurs on the blue screen, we recommend disconnecting all external devices (such as printers, scanners, external hard drives or USB sticks) and restarting the PC. This solves the problem when there is a driver conflict or a temporary error that caused the Windows 10 BSOD error.
Check the temperature of your computer. In case of overheating, this can lead to a crash of the system with another error on the blue screen. The CPU fan must be checked, a water cooling set must be installed and appropriate measures must be taken.
Professional advice : If you see epfwwfp.sys on the screen with this blue error name, you can fix it by deleting epfwwfp.sys.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- Type the command DEL /F /S /Q /A C:WindowsSystem32driversepfwfwfp.sys and press the Enter key.
- After executing the command, restart the computer and check the error status of the blue screen.
Perform a memory test to correct IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Run the Windows Embedded Memory Diagnostic Tool and see if it helps you identify and correct the underlying factors causing the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type mdsched.exe and click OK,
- The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool opens,
- Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended),
- This allows you to restart Windows and immediately start diagnosing memory errors,
- Let the system scan the memory, if it makes a mistake, you have your answer. An error has occurred with the memory module.
- Replace the computer memory and everything should work again.
Updating everything (Windows and drivers)
Yes, if you encounter an error on the blue screen, we recommend that you install the latest Windows updates. Microsoft regularly publishes cumulative updates with various security improvements and bug fixes. And the installation not only solves the previous problems, but also updates the drivers. That is why we recommend that you always keep your computer up to date.
Install the latest Windows update
- Press the Windows + I key to enter the settings,
- Click on the Update button and for safety’s sake click on the Check for Updates button,
- Allows downloading and installing the latest Windows updates, if applicable.
- Then restart the computer to apply them.
To manually update the device drivers
- Open the device manager with devmgmt.msc
- A list of all installed device drivers is displayed,
- Check if a driver with a yellow exclamation mark is in the list, this may be a problem.
- Right click on this driver, select Uninstall, then click on the action and look for the hardware changes.
Again, we recommend that the display driver, the network adapter driver and the audio driver are installed with the latest driver.
Resetting virtual memory
There are always problems with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, this error can also be caused by a bad virtual memory swap file. If you have recently made a virtual memory adjustment, reset it by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R, type sysdm.cpl and click OK,
- This opens the System Properties window and takes you to the Advanced tab.
- Under Performance, click Settings to open the performance settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab again, click on the change under Virtual Memory.
- Select the check box to automatically manage the size of the swap files for all drives.
- Now select the No change file radio button, click Set and then click OK to save your changes.
- Restart the computer and check the BSOD error status.
Execution of DISM and SFC command
Again, the absence of corrupted system files can cause the system to crash with several errors on the blue screen. Run the DISM Health Restore command with the sfc utility to find and repair missing and damaged system files.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- First execute the command DISM DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- After executing the command, execute the command sfc utilty sfc /scannow.
- Let the scan end 100% after rebooting the computer and checking the status of the problem.
Perform system restore to correct IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Also perform a system restore, which returns the system configuration to its previous operating state and assists in troubleshooting problems that occurred after a recent change.
If you have already activated the system protection function, perform the following steps.
- Press the +R key with the logo of the window, type rstrui.exe and click OK.
- The System Restore window opens.
- Click Next and you will see the following screen.
- Select the restore point that was created before the error occurred.
- Click Next to continue and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoration.
- Restart the computer and check to see if a blue screen appears.
Also run the Disk Check command, which indicates whether a disk error results in an irql driver with a stop code not smaller than or equal to BSOD in Windows 10.
Did these solutions restore Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 10? Please let us know in the comments below.
Also read :
irql not less or equal while gaming,what is irql,microsoft driver_irql_not_less_or_equal,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 7,bsod driver_irql_not_less_or_equal,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10,driver_irql_not_less_or_equal,irql_not_less_or_equal fortnite,steam irql_not_less_or_equal,irql_not_less_or_equal pubg,irql not less or equal fortnite,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 fortnite,driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 8,driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 7,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 reddit,driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10,driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ram problem,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 won't boot,stop code irql_not_less_or_equal reddit,blue dump error irql_not_less_or_equal,irql_not_less_or_equal premiere pro,vdd2hookkmode sys blue screen windows 10,irql_not_less_or_equal when playing games,irql not less or equal windows 10 reddit,irql not less or equal destiny 2,dnelwf64 sys windows 10,smbco10x64 sys windows 10,irql not less or equal windows 10 install,driver irql not less or equal cfosspeed6 sys,stop code driver irql not less or equal windows 10,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 2020,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 install error,driver irql not less or equal windows 7,irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 startup