If you are about to reboot and select the correct bootable device error or insert bootable media into the selected bootable device, read the following to correct the error on Windows devices.
The error message Reboot and select the correct boot device error appears when the operating system (OS) cannot connect to the hard disk or drive. This is a BIOS error; the error message can occur on any PC or laptop running Windows 7/8/10. It always appears on Toshiba, ASUS, Gigabyte and Acer computers or laptops.
Rebooting and selection of the correct binoculars
The main causes of problems with rebooting and choosing the right boot device are: inaccessible boot device, damaged BIOS/UEFI installation, faulty boot loader, damaged hard drive, damaged hardware, and so on. The Reboot and select the correct boot device error occurs when the BIOS cannot detect the device on which Windows 7/8/10 is installed.
Thanks to the many solutions available here, you can quickly correct this error: Reboot and select the correct boot device in Windows 10/8/7. Depending on the error, you can also restart the computer in the hope that this will correct the error.
Contents of this article
What is restarting and choosing the right start-up device?
If you are one of those who wants to upgrade to a larger hard drive by booting up or installing an additional hard drive. Chances are you will get the error message Reboot and select the correct Windows 10 boot device when you boot your computer after a hard drive replacement.
Depending on the BIOS-maker on the motherboard in question, the message that appears may look slightly different, but the value remains the same. You need to query the PC, otherwise it will still not be able to boot the operating system. Restarting and choosing the right start-up device occurs for many reasons.
7 Simple solutions for repairing the reboot and choosing the right boot device:
Solution 1: Check the power cord:
- First switch off your computer or laptop and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Then remove the case and look at the cable that connects the hard drive to the motherboard.
- If you are looking for cracks in the cable (which can happen over time), replace the old cable with the newer one. If you are looking for a loose contact, remove the wire and connect it securely.
- But you’ll never look for a physical loss in the line and it won’t be badly wired and then you move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Start switching off or on:
- At this point it is useful to restart your laptop or PC. At startup, go directly to the UEFI settings menu of your PC.
- Look for the Legacy Boot option included in the UEFI settings. If Legacy Boot is enabled, turn it off. If he’s handicapped, leave him alone.
- Apply the above changes and restart your laptop or PC.
- When your PC or laptop boots up, make sure the Reboot and Select are registered with the correct boot device options.
Solution 3: Usage disk:
- First, place the recovery media in your computer or laptop.
- Then reboot the system and start up the media from the system you placed.
- The system restore selection screen appears. Therefore, select Troubleshooting and click on Advanced.
- Now select the command prompt and enter Discript, and press Enter to continue.
- Finally, mention Diskpart and click on the Enter tab. The name X is known as the name of the hard disk on which the operating system is booted.
Solution 4: Check the system startup sequence in the BIOS:
- To access the computer’s BIOS, you must reboot the system.
- Type Esc, Delete, F2, F8, F10 or F12 to access the BIOS menu of your PC or laptop.
- The key to access the Start menu varies from PC to PC and depends on the brand of computer you are using.
- Then launch the Boot tab to display the last boot order used by your PC.
- Make sure the hard drive is selected as the main option. Once you have made all the changes, click the Save Settings button in the BIOS menu.
Solution 5: CMOS battery replacement:
A CMOS battery (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) is a small round cell located inside your switch. If it is defective or does not work, you will most likely get the Reboot error and select the correct boot device.
- First remove or replace your PC lid, motherboard and CMOS battery.
- Then press the power button for a few seconds to release the remaining charge. Finally, replace the CMOS battery with another one.
Solution 6: Clear RAM:
RAM is another important physical device that can cause a variety of problems, including rebooting and selecting the correct booting device during boot if RAM has not been removed or deleted in recent years. In order to correct the error, you must therefore erase the RAM.
- Turn off the computer and disconnect it from the main power switch.
- Remove the outer jacket by removing the screws at the top and bottom.
- Then perform a RAM search for the processor, which is located on the switch itself.
- After opening the working memory in the storage location, carefully remove or erase it.
- Clean the top and bottom of the RAM with a cotton cloth or soft brush. After removing the RAM from the debris, replace it, secure it and close the cabinet.
Solution 7: Reinstalling windows:
- First you need to create bootable media using the Media Creator sound and restart the computer from that media.
- Now start MiniToolShadowMaker, which you can find on the MiniTool PE Loader page.
- Then select the files you want to restore or back up and the destination path where you want to save the files.
- Open the backup by clicking the Backup Now button.
- Finally, you can reinstall the Windows you want without worrying about losing the files you need.
Rebooting and choosing the right boot device is a terrible mistake that affects all versions of Windows (operating system). This is a BIOS error; you can get it on any PC running Windows 10 or earlier versions of the Windows operating system. It is best to use the above methods to solve or remedy the problem Restart and select a suitable start-up device or place the start-up media in a specific start-up device.
Thank you for choosing OM Geeky. For more updates go to omgeeky.com.
reboot and select proper boot device windows 10 asus,reboot and select proper boot device new pc,reboot and select proper boot device after installing ssd,windows 10 reboot and select proper boot device,what causes reboot and select proper boot device,reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key,reboot and select proper boot device keyboard not working,reboot and select proper boot device usb,reboot and select proper boot device reddit